About Me

My photo
no camera no ipod no laptop no pc no cellphone. i have a walker with wheels and a seat. i have a land line. i had a dog but he died. the taxicab lives. Some things have changed.The walker remains.

Friday, October 10, 2008

Habits

Taking Responsibility
What can I say? I didn't learn to drive until I was 18. There was always someone else willing to get me there.
Hey, it's nor my fault I can't take responsibility for my own learning. It's the way I was raised!
My Take On Obstacles
The times I really, really want to do myself in (like when Dylan died), my biggest obstacle is my therapist who just won't agree that it's okay for me to do it. Otherwise, I fall down, I get up; I fall down, I get up; I fall down, I get up. Someday I will die of natural causes.
Having Confidence
To have is to give is to receive again. Dammit! Does that mean I have to go back to teaching?
Building a Toolbox
At the risk of repeating myself: no camera no ipod no cellphone no pc. I put in the toolbox what I can pick up on my travels. Notice I have not used the word "buy".
Using Technology
Well, shit. If I can't avoid it, I will use it.
Teaching/Mentoring
If you've read this post, I have taught you how annoying it is to vary the color of fonts, and how
very annoying it is to use a color that is hard to read.
Play
READ CAREFULLY, DESIGNERS OF THE 23 THINGS, if you're paying attention:
You can't teach play. It happens

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The intent of the course (as created) isn't to teach play, merely to encourage it in the workplace.