About Me

My photo
no camera no ipod no laptop no pc no cellphone. i have a walker with wheels and a seat. i have a land line. i had a dog but he died. the taxicab lives. Some things have changed.The walker remains.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

of wikis and other wikid things

Several months ago the Children's Librarians attempted a Wiki; but it failed, or it was decided that that was not the right tool for us or something. I'm interested to see World Cat is experimenting with an open Wiki. That could be a great resource for readers and researchers, but hopefully they'll keep it well away from the cataloging operation.Several of the Wikis I checked out were not open, and that was frustrating; but I can see why they would want to restrict access to editing.
I posted my blog on Sandbox as requested.

No comments: