About Me

My photo
no camera no ipod no laptop no pc no cellphone. i have a walker with wheels and a seat. i have a land line. i had a dog but he died. the taxicab lives. Some things have changed.The walker remains.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Peas Come in Pods; Cucumbers Come in Pickles

NPR's podcast search will be my favorite, I'm guessing; because I'm always hearing part of a program while eating breakfast or driving to the laundromat, and it will be great to be able to track it down.
I found an interesting general podcast search engine (?) called Podcast Pickle. Another that looked pretty good, given what I got in response to searches, was Podcast Bunker (sounds scary, I know, but it brought up stuff like New York Times and NPR, so I reckon it's alright). And, of course, the U.S. Government has a searchable site listing it's own podcasts, some of which, like the ones on arts and culture, look pretty cool.
On the NPR site, I found a podcast called GLT's Poetry Radio that I added to my Google RSS feeds. It comes out of Illinois State and features the reading of a daily poem, with a little music (not always well chosen) and a little push for support of the station framing it.I starred and shared one of the daily readings to see what would happen. It comes up on my shared reads, but when clicked it just brings up the podcast website; if you want to hear it you have to find it on their list and click it from there.

1 comment:

Lily said...

I love NPR podcasts! Now I can listen to This American Life whenever I want!