About Me

My photo
no camera no ipod no laptop no pc no cellphone. i have a walker with wheels and a seat. i have a land line. i had a dog but he died. the taxicab lives. Some things have changed.The walker remains.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Reading an EBook













This turned out to be more pleasant than I expected.After listening to the tutorial for NetLibrary, I actually used Overview and downloaded a kid's book Alvin Ho, Allergic to Girls, School and Other Scary Things (which, it turned out, was on my GoodReads to read list, although I just picked it out randomly). I discovered that I could maximize the typeface so I could settle back in my chair and read from a relaxed position. I doubt this will replace the physical book for me, though. My brother-in-law has bought a Kindle, the Ebook reading device Amazon hawks. I haven't seen it, but his description makes it sound pretty decent. The best things are that books bought for the Kindle are cheaper than hard copy books; and Amazon will store the books you buy. You don't have to store them on your PC or your Kindle. Once you've bought a book, you can download it over and over again. And you can also use the Kindle for NetLibrary and Project Gutenburg books.

No comments: