About Me

My photo
no camera no ipod no laptop no pc no cellphone. i have a walker with wheels and a seat. i have a land line. i had a dog but he died. the taxicab lives. Some things have changed.The walker remains.

Friday, January 2, 2009

23rd (count them twenty-three) Thing

what made me start

the video
o it must have been the video
the sci-fi thing
with the blind robots
finally breaking free

i not blind
no robot
and never hoping
freedom
grew resentful at once

but then something Flickred
on the screen

and the voice I learned
from Saul Bellow bellowed
I want I want
and the little voice whispered
I have a good eye
like it used to say
I have a good ear

but the secret secret voice
that survived brain surgery
that denied
nine years of denial

sang

I can have a laptop
and this time it can be red

the rest was remembering
how to play
the game




1 comment:

Rock N Roll Librarian said...

YOU ROCK GINGER!!
The RNR Librarian