About Me

My photo
no camera no ipod no laptop no pc no cellphone. i have a walker with wheels and a seat. i have a land line. i had a dog but he died. the taxicab lives. Some things have changed.The walker remains.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mash-up's and other lost causes

This is a real mash-up. However...
As defined by Wiki-pedia

"Mashup may refer to:
Mashup (digital), a digital media file containing any or all of text, graphics, audio, video, and animation, which recombines and modifies existing digital works to create a derivative work.
Mashup (music), the musical genre encompassing songs which consist entirely of parts of other songs
Mashup (video), a video that is edited from more than one source to appear as one
Mashup (web application hybrid), a web application that combines data and/or functionality from more than one source
A usually large and serious traffic collision between vehicles, especially on a major highway such as a freeway or a turnpike. "

So I'm gonna claim that my cat photo thing is technically a mash-up, my U-tube feed thing, Views of the Absurd, is technically a mash-up; my newsread thing, Ginger's Shared Items, is technically a mash-up, and while I was never involved in a real mash-up, I did total my Toyota Echo in June of 07. If none of this satisfies you I mention Chicago Public's mash-up in my post Qibble Bibble Who'll Take a Nibble,1/3/09. And please remember, you guys said a mention is sufficient.
As for Flikr, I believe I covered that in My Friend Flickr (10/16/08). Not to mention I'm the person from Landa who posts all those photos to the SAPL Flickr. And I have hundreds of photos on my own Flickr account. I covered Web 2.0 in All That 2.0 Stuff. I covered anything technology related in Lost in The Clouds, a sub-text of My Friend Flickr. I covered anything Web 2.0 related in All That 2.0 Stuff (12/23/08). And I covered the 2.0 award winner in Week Whatever (12/29/08) where I discuss my adventures with LinkedIn.
So that leaves learning how to download an audiobook. My bad. Instead I downloaded and read an E-book. Let me here say, by way of mentioning, that after a long struggle to find a soft ware that would work to download music to my Ipod, I'm reserving it for music. I did look at audiobooks to download and noted that there's some great stuff there; but I'm just not into listening to books. I read books. I listen to music and poetry and commentary and stuff like that. But I'm too inclined to fall asleep listening to books. So, am I covered, or do I actually have to download an audiobook?

No comments: